Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This website contains forward-looking statements or forward-looking information under applicable Canadian securities laws (hereinafter collectively referred to as "forward-looking statements") concerning the Company's plans for its properties, operations and other matters. These statements relate to analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results, estimates of amounts not yet determinable and assumptions of management.
Statements concerning estimates of mineral resources may also be deemed to constitute forward-looking statements to the extent that they involve estimates of the mineralization that will be encountered if the property is developed. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, using words or phrases such as "expects" or "does not expect", "is expected", "anticipates" or "does not anticipate", "plans", "estimates" or "intends", or stating that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements contained in this website include statements with respect to:
Forward-looking statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those reflected in the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation:
- anticipated tonnages and grades of the mineral resources disclosed for the Obotan project and the Kubi project;
- tonnage and grades of mineral resources on the Company's Obotan and Kubi projects;
- the Company's expected production and recoveries for its Obotan and Kubi projects;
- expectations regarding the continuity of mineral deposits;
- the Company's goals regarding raising capital and developing its current projects;
- the Company's proposed plans for drilling and metallurgical test work, including required start-up capital estimates;
- expectations regarding environmental issues that may affect the exploration progress;
- project capital cost estimates;
- the Company's plans for development of the Obotan project and the Kubi project.
These forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions which the Company believes are reasonable, including that:
- risks related to gold, silver, base metal and other commodity price fluctuations;
- risks and uncertainties relating to the interpretation of drill results, and the geology, grade and continuity of mineral deposits;
- risks related to the inherent uncertainty of production and cost estimates and the potential for unexpected costs and expenses;
- risks related to escalating project capital expense costs;
- risks related to metallurgical characteristics of mineralization contained within the Company's properties are yet to be fully determined, and could be a significant risk factor;
- results of initial feasibility, prefeasibility and feasibility studies, and the possibility that future exploration, development or mining results will not be consistent with the Company's expectations;
- mining and development risks, including risks related to accidents, equipment breakdowns, labour disputes or other unanticipated difficulties with or interruptions in production;
- risks related to the ability to obtain financing needed to develop mining properties or to complete feasibility studies;
- the potential for delays in exploration or development activities or the completion of feasibility studies;
- the uncertainty of profitability based upon the Company's history of losses;
- risks related to foreign exchange fluctuations;
- risks related to environmental regulation and liability;
- risks associated with failure to maintain community acceptance, agreements, and permissions (generally referred to as "social licence");
- political and regulatory risks associated with mining and exploration; and
- risks and uncertainties related to the Company's prospects, properties and business strategy.
Assumptions relating to the mineral resource estimates reported in respect of the Company's Obotan and Kubi projects are discussed in the current technical reports in respect thereof which are available under the Company's profile on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
- current gold, silver, base metal and other commodity prices will be sustained, or will improve;
- the proposed development of the Company's mineral projects will be viable operationally and economically and proceed as expected;
- all necessary government approvals for the planned exploration and development of the Company's mineral projects will be obtained in a timely manner and on terms acceptable to the Company;
- the Company will not experience any material accident, labour dispute or failure of plant or equipment; and
- any additional financing needed by the Company will be available on reasonable terms.
Some of the important risks and uncertainties that could affect forward-looking statements are described in the Company's most recently filed Annual Information Form under "Risk Factors", which is available at the SEDAR website. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made based on management's beliefs, estimates and opinions on the date the statements are made and the Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if these beliefs, estimates and opinions or other circumstances should change, other than as required by applicable laws. Investors are cautioned against attributing undue certainty to forward-looking statements.